Humidty Too High During Days 1-18

Yinepu,

Thank you! You are a wealth of information. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Yinepu,

Thank you! You are a wealth of information. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
np.. hopefully all your chicks hatch fine and you don't have any that are drowned or sticky!
fl.gif

I have one that pipped about 12 hours ago but it hasn't done anything else. I see the egg moving so I know it's still alive. Is there anything I need to watch for?

checking the air cell is the best, i have two new accurite one read 26% the other47% humidity. lot of hatch problems are people don't know true temp. or humidity are in the incubator...i have great result at 47%.

sound like you will have a good hatch......LG are hard to hatch in, plus location not good heat from dryer , and humidity from washer

checking the air cell is the best, i have two new accurite one read 26% the other47% humidity. lot of hatch problems are people don't know true temp. or humidity are in the incubator...i have great result at 47%.

sound like you will have a good hatch......LG are hard to hatch in, plus location not good heat from dryer , and humidity from washer
deerman,

What's a LG incubator?

Should I check the air cell at this point when they are starting to pip? Where do you get an accurite (Hygrometer, I'm assuming?) ?

has it just pipped.. or has it made a little progress?
It pipped last night about 9:30 and has not made the hole any bigger that I can tell. But, it is still moving, so I know it's alive. Shouldn't it be enlarging the hole by now?

It pipped last night about 9:30 and has not made the hole any bigger that I can tell. But, it is still moving, so I know it's alive. Shouldn't it be enlarging the hole by now?

I've seen them take 24 hours or longer... and a few pipped and zipped within a half hour.. so long as the chick is still peeping strong, you don't see any amber goo leaking from the egg .. then he should be fine

if he doesn't make any progress and starts to sound a little weaker then it would be time to help enlarge the hole (carefully in case there are still blood filled veins) and see if he's stuck or not...
assisting too early can result in a chick with an unabsorbed yolk sack or death if you cause too much bleeding.. so it's better to play the waiting game then intervene if he is a sticky chick

The chick is out!! It does not look like there is any fluid on it, as a matter of fact there is one small piece of shell stuck to it.

It was an amazing moment. The kids were all getting into it, "Push, push!"

Several more have pipped. So, hopefully more to come.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom