Humongous Egg!!!!!

Over the years we have had big eggs. Most were the egg in a egg. Double yokes. Very small eggs too. Years ago we measured ours. Three and quarter in the length. One was close to three and half inches. We have not had any with our new girls. You need to measure the egg and see how long it is.

Hey BYC Mods....we should start a "Biggest Egg" leaderboard (by breed, of course - chicken, duck, quail, etc....) where people can post their humongous eggs. We can provide measurements & weight. Let's see what's out there! ;):thumbsup
That would be fun, I have a few double yolked goose eggs around here, you’d think I had an emu or something.

How funny - I just found a super large egg yesterday in the box, too. Powers of deduction say it is Barnie the Barnevelder, though almost twice the size. Well, I may be exaggerating. But still, really big! Don't think it is a new layer and the other 5 are definitely accounted for.

Attachments

• BigEgg.jpg
    BigEgg.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 7
I don’t have a food scale here just a postage one and it weighs 3.5oz
I had one the same size either 83 or 87 grams over 3oz. Not big enough to be Guinness book of world records yet.
The heaviest egg reported to have been laid by a hen is one of 454 g (16 oz), with a double yolk and double shell, laid by a White Leghorn at Vineland, New Jersey, USA, on 25 February 1956. Poor hen!! That gotta hurt

Back
Top Bottom