Hunchback, Foamy Poop, Flopped Tail. PLEASE HELP!!!

meditationcheetah

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2023
NC
Hi. My Speckled Sussex, Theo, has been acting/looking odd lately. When she was a chick, she looked very healthy, and was about the same size as the rest of the flock. Then, around the transition period between chick to pullet, I started noticing some changes. First, she started hunching her back and now she's always like that. Second, her poop started to get foamy and yellow. It's no longer yellow, but still foamy/wet. Then, her tail started falling and it no longer stays up. She has scissor beak, and her comb is barely developed. She's significantly smaller than the flock now, and her wattles (idk how to spell it pls forgive me) arenot even visible. She also has been going off by herself, away from the flock randomly and just standing still like a statue. She never used to do that. I genuinely have no clue, and I'm very scared. I've never had chickens before so I don't know what to do. We tried giving her some medicine and it's worked a little. I've put pictures of my precious babygirl below.

Attachments

• IMG_4581.jpeg
    IMG_4581.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4580.jpeg
    IMG_4580.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4578.jpeg
    IMG_4578.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Unfortunately her cross beak deformity is pretty serious. You can try slightly trimming and filing the beak when needed to help make it easier to meet. Feeding moist or dry crumbles in a tall sided container may help with eating. If her back has a spinal deformity that may be related to her cross beak issue. These things can be hereditary and related to mineral deficiency in the parents.

Unfortunately her cross beak deformity is pretty serious. You can try slightly trimming and filing the beak when needed to help make it easier to meet. Feeding moist or dry crumbles in a tall sided container may help with eating. If her back has a spinal deformity that may be related to her cross beak issue. These things can be hereditary and related to mineral deficiency in the parents.
Thank you for the clarity on her physical forms. I was confused if maybe I did something wrong or if she had some sort of injury. Unfortunately, she passed this morning. I appreciate the help regardless.

Back
Top Bottom