Hungarian Partridge

Denise

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
I would like to know if anybody is raising or had raised Hungarian Partride? If so, I would need some tips on how to do. Thank you

Hello Dan

I want to know how to raise them. I have Bobwhite quails and Wild turkeys, But it seems that the Hungarian partridges are very different.
Is there something special I should know about these birds, before I start.

Thank you

Denise

Quote:
Hi Denise,

No real special requirements different from your Bobwhite, but will require more space and a planted, ground aviary suits them best. Males can be a little nasty at times, best to house just one per aviary. Otherwise, easy game birds to care for.

Dan

I'm having a problem with the Hungarian partridge I am raising they are full grown and are in a 15'x30' pen with dirt floor. I'm lossing around 6 a day and the ones that seem to be sick are laying down and seem to be having trouble walking and thin in the breast. I feed Nutrena gamebird starter and have kept up on there vitamins and worming. Don't really know what to do??

I'm having a problem with the Hungarian partridge I am raising they are full grown and are in a 15'x30' pen with dirt floor. I'm lossing around 6 a day and the ones that seem to be sick are laying down and seem to be having trouble walking and thin in the breast. I feed Nutrena gamebird starter and have kept up on there vitamins and worming. Don't really know what to do??

I recommend to take one of the dead birds to get a necropsy done as soon as possible. Many university extensions can help you out with it or find a vet that would be willing. Might cost around $50 bucks, but would be worth it to get the exact cause and treatment/prevention. I'm no vet, so will not give any medication suggestions or any hypothetical diagnosis what the illness could be. What state are you in or metro area are you close to?

Dan

Well, when Hungarian Partridge are young they tend to get stressed out and die, too get better survival rate use tylan powder 60mg $50.99 The dosage for finches, song birds, and related (mourning doves, and larger birds are fine drinking from this dosage too), is 10mg/ml, or exactly half the dosage given on the bottle for chicken flocks. That's 1/4 tsp dissolved in a quart (or 1tsp per gallon) - add the water to the drug, ideally inside a water bottle or closed container, not vice versa, and shake. I recommend storing up to 3 days, and not making huge amounts ahead of time (hence the quart measure given - I give my birds 1 cup in a shallow dish by their regular water spot (no other water anywhere nearby) per day). The dosage is safe up to much higher amounts in small birds (20mg/ml, as in chicken) so if they drink more water in dry areas or on hot days, that's fine. Definitely don't dilute this product more than the above amount, and replace treated water daily. One bottle of this Tylan will make 100 gallons of treated water (or, in my case, 1600 (!) daily dishes full of treated water). It clams them making then not so stressed changing your survival rate from {20 out of 100} to 80+ survival out of 100 so it does work, Hope this will help you, Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom