Hungry fox after my ducks! :o(

The ducks are in, the bait is set, the gun is ready and the window is propped with a towel in front of it so we don't scare him off opening it. Now it's just the waiting game. Have I mentioned I have NEVER done this before....
hu.gif

Noooope.
barnie.gif
I guess it's a good thing too that he didn't come. But I still have to worry about him coming back some other time. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and bait a few more nights and see if I can finally get him...

Sorry for your loss. I lost 7 to foxes over the past 2 years. If they see an opportunity they take it. One waited until the pond froze ( I couldn't get them off) and she nabbed 2. In the spring the duck pen door was open a smidge at the very top. She forced her way in and took the other 2. We got rid of her and her 6 pups. New fox will always move into the area once the old one is gone. The new fox got 3 this summer. I had my new babies in a pen outside. There was a 1" gap on one side of the pen. Fox grabbed the baby's legs and chewed them off :eek:( my Indian runner lost a leg as well. Indian runner couldnt function with out a leg and eventually died. My Chinese goose tried to fight the fox and lost :eek:( The fox comes to the pen every other day to check. I bought a medium havahart trap which was too small, get a large trap if you want one.

I think the best course of action is a large havahart trap, bait, and a gun.

My ducks/geese have a large pond they hide out on all day but I have to pen them at night.

Back
Top Bottom