Hungry post whelp bitch

That red is a very neat color! Do Dobes come in any other than these two colors?
Thanks,
Karen

They come in fawn and blue also, I’m not sure how that happens, they also come in white BUT that is a sign of too much interbreeding. Some say they are too unhealthy other say the are just fine but Black and Tan, and red are the two main colors.

That red is a very neat color! Do Dobes come in any other than these two colors?
Thanks,
Karen
This is my red Doberman (uncut ears) he is such a sweetheart! Such an amazing breed to own.
IMG-20180118-WA0002.jpeg

@KikisGirls
See! We aren't the only ones with 13 dogs/pups in the house!
Thank you @syndie for this. LOL We're up to 7 puppies today.

BTW - we feed puppy food to nursing Mommas. When we run out, rice and hamburger cooked together is relished. Dump all in one pot and cook to a sticky, greasy mess. All our dogs love it. Eggs on top, even better.

Do dobies have bone problems if raised on high protein when young? Borzoi will get wonky frames so everyone cautions against high protein for those pups.

@KikisGirls
See! We aren't the only ones with 13 dogs/pups in the house!
Thank you @syndie for this. LOL We're up to 7 puppies today.

BTW - we feed puppy food to nursing Mommas. When we run out, rice and hamburger cooked together is relished. Dump all in one pot and cook to a sticky, greasy mess. All our dogs love it. Eggs on top, even better.

Do dobies have bone problems if raised on high protein when young? Borzoi will get wonky frames so everyone cautions against high protein for those pups.
Looks like a call to the vet is in order she was fine with the hi energy food thruout the preg but I should double check, ty!

Look how much he loves you!!! Yes for real, I’ve never had so much affection from a pet before. That’s why we have 3! Well 13 counting the puppies! Lol!
We honestly don't deserve dogs, haha. That's so exciting to have puppies!!! :wee
Would love to get a girlfriend for my little man one day. Good luck with your mini dobies! They're the cutest when they can't tackle you 'accidentally' ;)
Boy, do they not know their size.

To clarify, feeding the momma high protein shouldn't be an issue and nursing moms need all they can get, hence the puppy food. When the pups wean, is when we make sure the pups don't only eat high protein diet. They get regular (20% protein? I'll have to check) so the bones and muscles grow right.

I'm figuring pretty close to the same principle as raising CX. Give them enough, but not too much.

To clarify, feeding the momma high protein shouldn't be an issue and nursing moms need all they can get, hence the puppy food. When the pups wean, is when we make sure the pups don't only eat high protein diet. They get regular (20% protein? I'll have to check) so the bones and muscles grow right.

I'm figuring pretty close to the same principle as raising CX. Give them enough, but not too much.
Ty, diamond has a puppy formula that we used after we ditched the Purina large breed puppy, it made the puppies too skinny!!

Back
Top Bottom