Hunting For Free, Lightly Used, Wooden Pallets.

And defiantly post pictures of the coop you make. I love the way the pallet coops look and that they are made from repurposed materials. You are going to have a blast making the coop!
I will, post pictures. It's gonna be a large split coop. One. Half for my dad's turkeys, the other half for my Saipans, & Cornish Games.

I had no idea we had those places in my city. We drive through town alot, & haven't seen them. Maybe they're located behind the other buildings.
You may want to call them first then you aren't driving all around. I would start with tell them that you are looking for pallets that are no longer needed to build a coop, ask them if they have any pallets that they aren't needing anymore, and if they would be willing to let you pick them up. You may want to look into how much a new one costs in case they want to charge you, most will give them away. Another place is to look is your local power company, sometimes they put a pile of unneeded items: electrical poles, pallets, wire spools, etc. I always grab the wire spools; you may find these handy for something also.

You may want to call them first then you aren't driving all around. I would start with tell them that you are looking for pallets that are no longer needed to build a coop, ask them if they have any pallets that they aren't needing anymore, and if they would be willing to let you pick them up. You may want to look into how much a new one costs in case they want to charge you, most will give them away. Another place is to look is your local power company, sometimes they put a pile of unneeded items: electrical poles, pallets, wire spools, etc. I always grab the wire spools; you may find these handy for something also.
Just drove passed a place today that's throwing pallets away. Won't be able to stop until after Deer season though.

Where I used to work, we got a lot of stuff on pallets (Grand Rapids, too far, I know). We piled the pallets by the dumpsters out back, and they regularly disappeared. Check behind places that get large amounts of things delivered, since a lot of that stuff comes strapped on pallets. I often see pickup trucks with piles of pallets tied down in their truck beds.

Where I used to work, we got a lot of stuff on pallets (Grand Rapids, too far, I know). We piled the pallets by the dumpsters out back, and they regularly disappeared. Check behind places that get large amounts of things delivered, since a lot of that stuff comes strapped on pallets. I often see pickup trucks with piles of pallets tied down in their truck beds.
Okay, thanks.

Well, it turns out our grainge doesn't give out their pallets for free. They reuse them. The only ones that are free for the taking is the ones they put out by the road, but there are non out there yet.

Well, it turns out our grainge doesn't give out their pallets for free. They reuse them. The only ones that are free for the taking is the ones they put out by the road, but there are non out there yet.
Where i live Craigslist Free section has new sources daily...but perhaps not as many to choose from as the industrial area businesses like tile and granite houses. Youtube has vids on how to identify if heat treated, or with potentially dangerous chemicals.

Where i live Craigslist Free section has new sources daily...but perhaps not as many to choose from as the industrial area businesses like tile and granite houses. Youtube has vids on how to identify if heat treated, or with potentially dangerous chemicals.
I checked Craigslist once earlier, & they didn't have free pallets for my area, & all they had were Giant stacks being sold for well over $1000.

Back
Top Bottom