(hunting pictures of my first morning hunting)

Ok, folks, I have moved this to Hobbies since this is his hobby, but my goodness, I think so much of this was really inappropriate to jump on this member like that. Sure, it might have been in the wrong section and if someone had just reported it, maybe it would have been moved and the sensitive members wouldn't have been all over the OP. Next time, report, don't post! All this could have been avoided. Roocrazy changed the title when someone mentioned the problem, which was all he needed to do. To the OP, I'm sorry for some of the contentious posts in your thread. Congrats on your successful hunting trip.

As far as him not posting his pics on BYC, many folks have posted their hunting pics here under Random Ramblings as well as Hobbies. Those are the correct areas for this type thread.

wpalmisano: I raise chickens, ducks, and quail for meat and eggs. However, hunting has nothing to do with RAISING ducks, which is what this website is about. Meatbirds, eggs, and recipes ALL have to do with raising birds. That's the point I was trying to make. The "hobbies" section is where it should have been posted in the first place.

Roocrazy, I'm sure you didn't mean to open this Pandoras Box, and I'm already sorry I got involved. Apparently this is a VERY touchy subject............ On both sides.

Congrats on your bird, happy hunting, and take care!

Last edited:
Quote:
No kidding.
You would think ducks are only for pets.
roll.png

I raise chickens, ducks, and quail for meat and eggs. However, hunting has nothing to do with RAISING ducks, which is what this website is about. Meatbirds, eggs, and recipes ALL have to do with raising birds. That's the point I was trying to make.

BYC is more than just a chicken forum. If it wasn't, we would not have the Family, Random Ramblings or Hobbies areas. Many folks do eat the birds, deer, hog, etc, that they kill during their hunting trips so personally, I do not see much difference in hunting or raising for meat. In any case, roocrazy, please continue your thread. If it gets back to the same argument, someone please report it. Thank you.​

Good job there boy!
My dad and I raise waterfowl and we both hunt though I haven't in years but I plan to as soon as my boys get old enough.

I mean hunting is really no different then raising the ducks for egg if you have a drake around.

We raise them because we love them and I would still have died to kill a wood duck drake on a hunt!! anything other than a gadwall or mallard!

Great job. You must be proud. They are not easy to hit. It would make a beautiful mount. The only way I could get one was to buy a mounted one at an auction.
thumbsup.gif

BYC started out for chicken lovers, and many other folks found their way here, and some of those folks, MANY of those folks, hunt. There is NOTHING wrong with hunting. Do any of you people that have bashed this poor kid over his head for hunting feel remorse about it? This is a youngster proud of his catch!!!!!! Give him some credit. And if you cannot, then leave the thread and go somewhere else that you can be helpful.

Roo - nice catch!!!! I hope your mama can fix him up good for a nice dinner!!!

Folks I have deleted a bunch of unhelpful posts from here. Enough of the bickering over what you thought the thread was about. If you figured out it did not interest you rather than comment you should have moved on.

Roo good work hunting! I wish you were here for your deer. We have way too many, I'm limited out and they are still in groups of 4 to 8 in the alfalfa fields grazing away. I have shot them off the back deck this year once, and have never left the property for the others. Does are even an open season this year here to try and get the population under control. I did my part.
wink.png

I know this thread is way late on this subject but feel I have to post. This budding young man is proud to show off his accomplishment of harvesting one of natures creatures. It takes passion,desire and hard work to achieve natures bounty of hunting,and a dedicated father to teach him the way to do it. Its not unlike raising chickens for meat or eggs or planting a garden and harvesting vegetables,these too take hard work,passion and desire. Its a milestone in this young mans life and should be perceived as such,nothing more. i look forward to see his first deer pics and rabbit and whatever else he may harvest. Hunting is a great teaching tool,mainly respect for the weapon,the environment which includes habitat,conservation as well as the creature itself. It also teaches respect for others and for yourself,builds confidence and trust.

I remember my first harvest of all the creatures that nature has allowed the honor to give me,like it was yesterday,but wasnt. I also remember my first tomato from my first garden and my first egg from my first chickens. All done with hard work,passion and desire.

Back
Top Bottom