Hunting.

I hunt and I knit
big_smile.png
My son got his first deer last season and is really proud of his ground hog he shot out by the coop

Um. Yeah. I hunt
lol.png

My family thinks I'm nuts. SO gave me buck knife for our first x-mas, taught me to hunt and has given me a .22, .45, compound bow for the following x-mases. I told him he's either really brave or really stupid! Oh, and I don't think my ex-husband will be bothering me any more!
lol.png

(I also fish, biggest yet was an 85 lb tuna!)

Last edited by a moderator:
My DH hunts faithfully. We depend mainly on deer to feed our family all year long. We literally eat deer every single day of the year almost. We kill chickens occasionally and get a little steak from a man down the road who raises cows. But deer it is. He got 7 this year. Which, hopefully will last
smile.png
He is really lucky/blessed to be able to shoot big bucks too. Every year he gets a wall hanger. He got his biggest one this year ( I will include some pics a little later ) and another big 8 too. We already have the biggest one back but the taxidermist isn't through with the other one. We also love the animal hides. We use animal hides for lots of things. I even grab up fresh road killed fox and stuff that isn't 'ruined' and make my DH skin them. And wild turkey....whew..I love me some turkey!! My Dh says there is nothing more thrilling than a turkey hunt. I go hunting with him for deer but haven't ever gone on a turkey hunt yet. My DD hunts with him too....she loves it. My youngest DD helps her daddy skin deer and is very good at it. I love wild rabbit too, way better than raised ones. And you can't leave out fishing!

He makes awesome and I mean AWEsome deer jerky. I will have to send you a little to try when we make another batch. It usually doesn't last a whole day here. We eat it up within hrs. My DD takes it to school with her and she now says she has to take double because the other kids eat it up so fast.

I hunt just about everything that has a season. I have 2 bird dogs, 2 coon/hog dogs. I run hogs just about every saturday night with my7 buddies. On any given saturday night well have abot 12 dogs running.

I hunt whitetail deer. Also squirrels that decide they want to try and get in our feed bins
tongue.png
Or bird feeders.
I have a compound bow but I haven't gotten to where I hunt with it yet. I'd LOVE to go deer and turkey hunting with a bow. Anyone can pull a trigger, but it takes some skill to use a bow and kill something
wink.png

Quote:
Coon hunting sounds like fun
sad.png
But tiring! I'd like to try it someday. Sometimes we'll hear them running through our woods, which of course we don't mind. Any coon hunters, as long as they're actually hunting, are welcome here. Coons are cute but they need to stay away from my darn birds!
old.gif

I hunt too. To top it off a new business opened up next to my salon. Dave's Gun Shop.
smile.png
Dave and his wife are cool. Yes hubby and I both deer, wild hog, turkey. and on slow hunting trips will come home with a bag of squirrels if they cooperate lol. We don't hunt for sport, we eat what we get. We haven't gone in a while but we certainly have a well stocked arsenal. Count me in.

Back
Top Bottom