Hurray for deep puddles!

shaylabailey

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Rhode Island
I haven't yet been able to share any pictures of my little duck family (who all hate me lol) because of camera troubles, but I made do with my phone camera which unfortunately turns everything... blue. lol.
On the far left is Ferdinand my crested Pekin, the black boy is Hagrid the big black swedish, the one underneath him is Leonardo the welsh harlequin, the white gal hunched over is the smallest and she is a white runner named Lenor, the brown guy standing up is Pinto who is a runner (only one who tolerates my forced love XD), and then Loretta who is leonardo's welsh harlequin girlfriend. This picture shows none of them justice though; they are quite a handsome bunch. They are still growing their feathers but do a great job preening after splashing around in the puddle behind their house where their pond will be soon. It's naturally wet all the time and they can't swim since it's not deep enough but they do dunk and sprint haha.
I'm counting on - when they start to lay - to take the fertile eggs out and hatch them in my incubator and raise them in my house so that at least some of them enjoy human company haha.
DUCKPUDDLES.jpg

I'm hoping these guys don't turn them against me, haha.
wink.png

And my dads girlfriends boxer crashed the party out of no where splashing through the puddle and scaring the crap out of all of them (probably literally). XD

Back
Top Bottom