Hurricane Irene

Quote:
OMG you forgot the most important thing!
lau.gif

I am waiting to hear if you are ok !!!

Thank You! Yes, I posted up a little with more detail, Thank you for asking.

Quote:
I had the same thing happen to a peach tree during Hurricane Beulah. I drove a pipe WAY into the ground at a 45 degree angle away from the tree and had a really fat soft cotton rope from the horse things that I used to ease it back up. I did it in stages but got it pretty much upright before the ground dried.

We made it just fine, only no power since 1:15 Saturday, generator is saving us, although we did have to get a new pump for our well. Ouch. Nerves are starting to fray a bit. Our neighbor likes to run his generator from midnight to 3 am. I am getting used to it.

We finally got the order that we could start drinking the water again we haven't been able to since Sunday. Most of our roads are cleaned out but the rest of the state took a beating. Hopefully FEMA will help out in rebuilding roads in and out of towns.

The girls seem totally unaware why I was doing a happy dance when I collected eggs, power is a wonderful thing, dishwasher is going now, who ever thought THAT would be happy. Hope everyone does o.k..
My coworkers did not understand why I said it wasn't the storm but the aftermath that worried me, now they do

I'm in southern Worcester county, and while we didn't get hit as badly as we might have, the end result was many trees down causing loss of power and phone for many in our area. I kept the hens locked up in their 2 coops, as they seem to like hanging out in the rain and getting wet. Didn't seem like a good day to be wet with so much wind also. THey faired well.

I had eggs in the incubator. WHen we lost power DH set up an adaptor in the car to run power to the incubator. But the car needs to be started every 2-3 hours! DH opted to take the eggs to work with him. He hatched out 2 EE and now he really loves chickens! He felt the first one out was lonely, so he had the chick sit with him for several hours.

Power came back on yesterday, and phone, too. Baby chicks, hatcher and incubator came home last night.

This has been a trial for many. I'm glad so many of you are doing well under the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom