hurricane sandy eggs?

brahmamomma

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 19, 2012
we keep our eggs in the fridge and lost power monday night, thankfully got it back thursday, do i need to toss these eggs? i had a whole basket full :/ however, not going to complain, because as all of you know.... there are bigger problems here in jersey other than my eggs. what do you think? toss or keep?

Personally, I would feel okay eating them. I never refrigerate my eggs--it isn't necessary as long as they're consumed within a couple of weeks and the 'bloom' hasn't been washed off (of course, you have to make sure your nest boxes are clean and gather each day so your eggs don't get poopy. THAT needs to be washed off). If you think about the fact that a hen will lay a clutch of eggs over the course of several days to a week or more, leaving them out in warm weather, and then go sit on them to begin their development, well, of course they have to stay good all that time or they wouldn't develop.

Try one and if it seems ok keep them. If your really concerned cook with them! :) in the future you should keep your eggs on your counter... They can last up to a month... But yes just cook with them

Try one and if it seems ok keep them. If your really concerned cook with them!
smile.png
in the future you should keep your eggs on your counter... They can last up to a month... But yes just cook with them
LOL Ours wind up sitting for up to a month but I wasn't sure that's what people wanted to hear. Thank you, Angelpoo!! =)

Well the eggs start to add up pretty quickly so not too much to losezzz you could always feed them to the chickens...

Back
Top Bottom