Hurricane Season in Texas, power outages....

May 22, 2020
Texas
So I have 25 eggs in the incubator that were gifted to me, going on into day 5 now. One already has a paper mache type bandaid on it, doggone arthritis hands. Hurricane Hannah has made land here in Texas. What do I do if the power goes out?? We already had a storm whip through here at 8pm earlier tonight that wrecked our pole tent we use for shade.

Can I heat a potato in the fireplace or on our gas grill, to put in the incubator for heat and humidity?? Has anyone else done this?? How many potatoes would it take, what temp would they need to be, to generate enough heat??

Any other ideas?? Anyone?? :)

So I have 25 eggs in the incubator that were gifted to me, going on into day 5 now. One already has a paper mache type bandaid on it, doggone arthritis hands. Hurricane Hannah has made land here in Texas. What do I do if the power goes out?? We already had a storm whip through here at 8pm earlier tonight that wrecked our pole tent we use for shade.

Can I heat a potato in the fireplace or on our gas grill, to put in the incubator for heat and humidity?? Has anyone else done this?? How many potatoes would it take, what temp would they need to be, to generate enough heat??

Any other ideas?? Anyone?? :)
If the power went out I would toss a folded up blanket over the incubator to keep the heat from leaving.

If it looked like the power would be out for more than 5 hours, I would put warm something's (bricks, potatoes, whatever you heat up), nice and hot, but not too hot to hold, up around the incubator under the blanket.

If the power went out I would toss a folded up blanket over the incubator to keep the heat from leaving.

If it looked like the power would be out for more than 5 hours, I would put warm something's (bricks, potatoes, whatever you heat up), nice and hot, but not too hot to hold, up around the incubator under the blanket.
Ohhhh good idea! I also found the battery powered meat thermometer to help me gauge temp and have it ready to go with a brand new battery in it. Tested it out vs oral thermometer with some warm water and both reading temp the same.

Ohhhh good idea! I also found the battery powered meat thermometer to help me gauge temp and have it ready to go with a brand new battery in it. Tested it out vs oral thermometer with some warm water and both reading temp the same.
That thermometer sure would help! Good idea!

Back
Top Bottom