Hurt Cochin Chick!!! Please HELP FAST!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Silkie Chicken, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Silkie Chicken

Silkie Chicken King Silkie

Feb 22, 2012
    Today I went to go get my spring batch of chicks that where delivered from Mcmurray Hatchery. I looked inside the box once I got home and all the chicks were healthy & playful, but one. I thought it was dead at first because it was not moving but I picked it up and noticed it was alive. It seemed to have a twisted leg or something like that. It can not walk much, and only one leg is like that, its like the leg will not stop sticking out. It seems much smaller than the others. Right now all 16 chicks are under my broody hen. I dont know what is wrong with the chick or if it will get any better, so if you can let me know that will be great, also will it be alive? What do I need to do? What do I need to give it? what is wrong with it? Will it ever get better or get better on its own? P.S. I have them on ellectrolights, if that will help any. They are now on non-medicated chick feed. Here are some pics below if they will help any. As you will notice the leg sticking out, and it not wanting to move or open its eyes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help, and hope the pics helped!

2. Silkie Chicken

Silkie Chicken King Silkie

Feb 22, 2012
    **BUMP**

3. redhd077

redhd077 Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    south eastern, ID
    Looks kinda like splayed leg to me. If you search it there is all kinds of info on it

4. SunnySkyFarm

SunnySkyFarm Chirping

Jul 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    Ditto on the splayed leg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: