hurt duck...

shadust1

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
loretto, pa
so i was excited that my ducks went down to the pond..well now im not letting them no more....the boys went down to burn trash and the male duck(nonsense) was limping at the edge of the pond..got back in and wouldnt come out....his poor wife(giggles) kept trying to get him to come out and go up home to there greenhouse...well we backed off and they finally came out....i went over and picked him up and carried him up to the greenhouse....we checked his leg...his duclaw nail is gone...and his leg joint up by his feathers is "hot"....so we put some asorbine on it and put him away for the night....he is moving it around and walking with a bad limp on it so hopefully its just sprained....so we put up a fence around the door of the greenhouse and around his pool so he has to relax and not go down to the pond...so we r not sure what happened...my boyfriend said he doesnt think it was a snapper because it would of grabbed and held on until it completely ripped its foot off...he said maybe a fish grabbed and pulled it out of joint or sprained....what do u guys think i need to do...guess ill just keep an eye on him...THANKS!!!! I LOVE MY BABIES!!!
wee.gif
he.gif

Im not sure what to tell you to do, I imagine it may have been a catfish, they inhale and it could have pulled it out of joint or sprained it. I would think a turtle would at the very least have left a laceration. I hope he feels better soon

well we have fish all through our pond and someone who came fishing one time caught a 2 foot catfish out and then throw it back in so maybe its just sprained and will be better in a couple days....poor nonsense!!!

celebrate.gif
HAPPY HAPPY TO SAY THAT MY nonsense IS 99% BETTER ALREADY..MUST OF JUST PULLED A MUSCLE OR SOMETHING...STILL WALKING WITH A SLIGHT LIMP BUT IS GETTING BACK TO HIS OLD SELF BY TRYING TO CHASE THE DOG...CANT YET BUT HE IS TRYING..LOL....
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

lol, are you posting by phone with autocorrect? or you mean the forums has some kind of naughty-word filter that won't let you post a word so similar to a certain four-letter word? So his name is S-h-i-t-z? How did you pick the name?

Quote:
Im at work so it must be the forum that has a naughty word filter..lol....he got his name because when he was little he pooped alot..lol..so i have two ducks and we came up with Sh i tz n Gigglez!!!

we have a yellow lab named "buddy"(like airbud) and an all white cat named "snowball"...so some of my animals had to have unique names..lol....

Back
Top Bottom