Hurt Duckling Leg

pinkee

Hatching
Nov 2, 2018
My kids found this hurt duckling. The leg looks off and he can't walk on it. Does it look like it's broken? The vets nearby won't see a duck. When he is in the tub, he can move it to swim. Thank you for any and all help.

Attachments

• 20181102_232145.jpg
    20181102_232145.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 44
If the duckling can use the leg in water it may not be broken. Have you felt all along the leg for anything not normal? Since it’s a wild duckling look for a water fowl rehabber or wild life rehabber they will take the duckling and treat it, then release when old enough and that way it can go back into the wild. Also they are equipped to treat injuries. The little one may have been born with this and is the reason it was by itself. Really best to let some experienced take care of it.

I would crush 1/2 of a vitamin B complex tablet into it’s feed daily, or use a poultry vitamin that contains niacin and riboflavin. Miss Lydia is more of an expert on ducks than I am, so best to follow her recommendations.

B complex liquid is what most of us use in treating leg issues if niacin related but sure won’t hurt to use it on a leg injury which maybe a niacin issues since we really don’t know. TSC has the liquid in the cattle section 1 ml daily or Walmart or other stores with human vitamins has liquid b complex that dose is 3 ml daily of course you can also crush a b complex tablet too. Most important is getting it into the patient.

Back
Top Bottom