hurt rooster please help

rockeychicken

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
Dillingham, Alaska
my rooster was limping this morning so i took him out of the coop and put him in a make shift dog kennel inside my house. was wondering if keeping him away from the flock was ok and do i just keep him in there till he gets better? i could really use some help thanks
btw i am new to all this chicken stuff so not so sure what to do

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I think you should repost your question here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Best of luck with your roo!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

It is fine to separate him if he is having trouble getting around. If he is moving around ok, you can probably leave him in with the flock and keep an eye on him.

Greetings from Kansas, rockeychicken, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Glad you joined us but sorry to hear about your ailing rooster! I agree with other posters - you can keep him in the dog kennel but keep it near the other birds - he will be pretty anxious without them. Good luck to him and to you!!

my rooster was limping this morning so i took him out of the coop and put him in a make shift dog kennel inside my house. was wondering if keeping him away from the flock was ok and do i just keep him in there till he gets better? i could really use some help thanks
btw i am new to all this chicken stuff so not so sure what to do
Keep him where it's warm until he is better

Put a heat lamp on him, if you have one. Birds like heat when they don't feel well. Maybe you could place one of his favorite hens with him? I would keep him away from the entire flock though til he is fully recovered so they don't trample him or he gets too excited and strains himself even more.

Ok so now i am very worried about Tristan. He will not stand on his foot now and his toes are always curled up........ he is not cockadoodleing !!!! he stays in one spot help me do you think he broke his leg ?????????????

Back
Top Bottom