Hurt very badly by dog attack please help!!!

Pics
If you can get to the dollar store, get Hibiclens or Betadine (First Aid Antiseptic), 4x4 gauze pads, and a couple tubes of PLAIN Triple Antibiotic Ointment. If you don't have a squirt bottle or spray bottle, grab one of those too. They're super cheap.

When you get home, pour some antiseptic into the spray bottle and dilute with water. Adjust the spray nozzle so it's a hard tight spray but not a stream. Trim the feathers back away from the wound edges with scissors. Now spray the heck out of it. Irrigate it as well as you can. Don't be afraid to hurt her. It needs to be cleaned well.

Once you are happy with the cleansing, gently pat the excess solution off with the 4x4's. Now apply a thick layer of ointment. Keep it MOIST. That is the most important thing to remember.

Keep her in a warm quiet place and I'll check back in come morning.

@casportpony, could you stop by for antibiotics info and dosage? I've got 3 hours on you lol.

If you can get to the dollar store, get Hibiclens or Betadine (First Aid Antiseptic), 4x4 gauze pads, and a couple tubes of PLAIN Triple Antibiotic Ointment. If you don't have a squirt bottle or spray bottle, grab one of those too. They're super cheap.

When you get home, pour some antiseptic into the spray bottle and dilute with water. Adjust the spray nozzle so it's a hard tight spray but not a stream. Trim the feathers back away from the wound edges with scissors. Now spray the heck out of it. Irrigate it as well as you can. Don't be afraid to hurt her. It needs to be cleaned well.

Once you are happy with the cleansing, gently pat the excess solution off with the 4x4's. Now apply a thick layer of ointment. Keep it MOIST. That is the most important thing to remember.

Keep her in a warm quiet place and I'll check back in come morning.

@casportpony, could you stop by for antibiotics info and dosage? I've got 3 hours on you lol.
Thank you so much! If I can’t make it to the store until in the morning what should I do until then?

Back
Top Bottom