Hurt very badly by dog attack please help!!!

Thank you! I sure hope so too! She most definitely has been through it!
You have done a great job of doctoring! You should be proud of that. It doesn't always come out this way, but you have to try. As she gets more mobile, just keep the wound as clean as possible - no dust bath's :D... And watch for pecking from her friends in the flock.
All in all your Sugarplums looks like she's on the road to recovery.

Don’t be afraid to clean it well every day. She can have an aspirin once a day to help with pain. Plan to clean it a couple hours after the aspirin to help keep it from being so painful. But just like you’d tell one of your children if they had a wound— it has to be cleaned... If you don’t stay on top of it, it will begin to get infected.
I might have missed it, but is she on antibiotics?
What's the dosage of aspirin?

You have done a great job of doctoring! You should be proud of that. It doesn't always come out this way, but you have to try. As she gets more mobile, just keep the wound as clean as possible - no dust bath's :D... And watch for pecking from her friends in the flock.
All in all your Sugarplums looks like she's on the road to recovery.
Awesome!!! Thank you so much! She’s still doing well. Eating and drinking plenty!

I was going to suggest giving her some because the wound smelled but since she seems to be ok I wouldn't bother.I am so pleased with the progress she seems to be making. You are doing a great job!

Back
Top Bottom