husband wont eat eggs!!!

with scrambled eggs add 1 slice of kraft cheese per 2 eggs. Spray the skillet but dont add milk to the eggs or butter to the pan. Scramble them up until they are just barely moist. He'll love them and the cheese also give a good flavor and helps hide the rich color.

Well thanks all for your help on this, i think i'll try weening him off them by doing the ratio thing with store bought and if that dont work well he'll just have to either go without eggs or learn to like them cold turkey, some of the recipes sound great and i think i'll give some a try.
well do any of you sell your eggs and if so how much do you sell them for per dozen. i am so over run and i have more chicks on the way so i am just wondering if it is a possibility.
Also the feed thing, i feed them either 16 or 20 percent lay mash, they free range for only a couple hours a day during warm months and they get fruits ,veggies, yougurt, and eggs as there main treats usually every other day or so and every now and then left overs from dinner. so do you think any of that could be the reason for his horrid dislike of them??

What weirdo!!!
Fresh eggs are seriously way better than store bought... yuk!

I prefer home grown eggs, they taste 10 million times better (the last time I had to buy store eggs, I couldn't stand them! The yolks were barely pastel yellow and they were disgustingly bland)....

I also like knowing for sure and certain that the chickens who lay my eggs are kept in free range conditions, I like knowing what they've been fed, and I like knowing that my chickens are well treated.
I've been to so many chicken farms where the chickens are badly treated... its not an industry I want to support!

Quote:
I think the only reason feeding leftovers from dinner could cause a problem is if there are onions or garlic in them. That flavor could transfer to the eggs.

Also, here is the link to a very good recipe that uses 10 eggs, an old-fashioned pound cake:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1602

I made it and it came out great but the next time I'm going to use some lemon flavoring. I used vanilla and a little almond but I wasn't crazy about the almond.

This is far from the first time that I have heard of people not wanting to eat fresh eggs and I find it so hard to believe but I know it's true. Personally, I think they taste great and maybe your husband will come to appreciate them one day. In the meantime, I doubt he will notice them in pound cake or other recipes.

Good luck!
smile.png
Genie

I have the same problem with my husband with our fresh goat milk. He insists that it tastes bad. Oh well, more for the kids and I!

Quote:
I had goats many years ago, and their milk can get a tinge to it..

I fed my goats a little molasses.
it seemed to sweeten the milk..

you have to watch/control what the goats eat, because if they eat certain weeds their milk can become quite nasty..

do not overdo the molasses as it can make their poop runny or sticky.. especially at first..

Back
Top Bottom