Husky dog and poultry, slaughtered chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I explained, I am not the king of all the animals in the world. I also don't have charm abilities, I'm just a person who lives with animals. I also don't have much ability to control chickens - roosters, they live to some extent their lives. I'm just human, this does not mean that I will punish and restrict domestic animals.

While I had to chuckle at the mental picture of someone beating a dog with a dead chicken I will say that is NOT the way to teach a dog not to kill chickens.
I can't even read such cruel treatment like reddogmaster2 wrote. I have my own understandings, although I do eat some meat. But suddenly it would make some people hang a rabbit around his neck until it got rotten. We have had a rabbit as a pet, I do not eat a rabbit.

Just as I explained, I am not the king of all the animals in the world. I also don't have charm abilities, I'm just a person who lives with animals. I also don't have much ability to control chickens - roosters, they live to some extent their lives. I'm just human, this does not mean that I will punish and restrict domestic animals.
It is not cruel to teach them rules. Nor is it punishing or restricting them. Chickens are far different than dogs. Dogs want to work with people and want rules and structure. I really don’t know why you continue to insist that being able to control your (frankly dangerous) dog is cruel or harming him. It’s not.

It is not cruel to teach them rules. Nor is it punishing or restricting them. Chickens are far different than dogs. Dogs want to work with people and want rules and structure. I really don’t know why you continue to insist that being able to control your (frankly dangerous) dog is cruel or harming him. It’s not.
Agreed.

I love my dog like a kid, and I can’t imagine life without him. But there are lines. There have to be. Dogs aren’t wild. But they will be aggressive. And you have to train them not to be. Mine is trained.
He is super respectful of the birds, and we’ve never had to get him to move with a car.

I just don’t really get why they asked for help and then insist training him to be more under control is cruel!?

At that moment I was panicking and I couldn't do anything. I don't panic in general, but I had a terrible thought in my head that I had to call a hunter to shoot my dog. There were several bad things at once. However, I didn't want to leave the dog in the yard with the chicken for the night, because the wolf herds kill the dogs.

People commonly post when they have a problem, then later decide to deal with it in a way of their own that may not match what others on the internet recommend.

Can we drop this topic now? I got all the possible feedback and most importantly - on the other side of the globe. Thank you! My understandings of dog psychology are the same, yours are different. It is so logical because we are from a different contingent, a different country, a different religion, a different culture. All you definitely want is for the husky not to eat me. He doesn't eat, I'm 99.9% sure. I'll let you know if he still decides to eat me! :) People are different for me, who wants to control nature, who animals, who people, who the whole world. I'm not a 100% green person, I'm not a vegan. But I am somehow trying to find harmony in this world. I'm very worried about wild animals, if I had more money, I could support them more. Thank you all, but let's end the topic - it's not going anywhere. I do not want to be rude, but I do not answer this topic anymore. All the best to you! :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom