Hybrids!

ZachyWachy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 25, 2017
Petersboro, Utah
My Coop
My Coop
This thread is for people that want to figure out what they would get if they mixed two different breeds. What the attitude and general looks will be as well as production.

l myself am new to hybridizing(in fact my very first hybrid, and first chick, hatched out just three weeks ago!) and will volunteer the first questions.

In the first flock(my main one) l have a ,mean, black australorp rooster. And he has 14 hens(let me know if l miss any!), 1 white leghorn(it was her egg that hatched), 1 speckled Sussex, 1 black australorp, 1 RIR, 1 barred rock, 2 buff orpingtons(one is the mom), 3 red sex-links, 2 gold sex-links, and 2 Easter eggers.

My second flock(these are pets) contains a btw Japanese roo. With 1 buff brahma, 1 self blue OEG, and 1 black silkie.

Any knowledge would be nice for many people. Thanks

This thread is for people that want to figure out what they would get if they mixed two different breeds. What the attitude and general looks will be as well as production.

l myself am new to hybridizing(in fact my very first hybrid, and first chick, hatched out just three weeks ago!) and will volunteer the first questions.

In the first flock(my main one) l have a ,mean, black australorp rooster. And he has 14 hens(let me know if l miss any!), 1 white leghorn(it was her egg that hatched), 1 speckled Sussex, 1 black australorp, 1 RIR, 1 barred rock, 2 buff orpingtons(one is the mom), 3 red sex-links, 2 gold sex-links, and 2 Easter eggers.

My second flock(these are pets) contains a btw Japanese roo. With 1 buff brahma, 1 self blue OEG, and 1 black silkie.

Any knowledge would be nice for many people. Thanks

That's a great idea. Do you have a picture of your chick?

No, but l might be able to get one soon. First l have to get a picture, then get it on the computer, and then load it. l havn't done that before, but l think l can. it'll just take some time.

Hi, I just accidentally hatched some Blue Barred Rocks. My Barred Rock got with my Ameraucanas and I hatched blue chicks with a white spot on the head and barring on the wings.

That is interesting, l wonder what they will look like when they are full grown.

Update!!! Yesterday, when l was with my bantams, the OEG started to crow! And that one has been fighting with the buff. So l will have to get rid of them(we already have enough roos!) If there is anyone nearby the Cache Valley area in Utah that is interested in a self blue OEG bantam roo, and perhaps a buff brahma roo(don't know for sure if that one is a roo, still holding out) then just let me know and we will work something out.

I have a buff Brahma too that needs a home too. Predators killed all but two Roos and one hen and that's too many for one poor little hen.

But here is one chicky. I'm thinking about breeding for a double Barred blue. Seems like a fun project.

IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG

Aww! My family has the worst luck with roos. Our first 15 or so chicks we bought from the store were all hens. The first 3 bantams; 2 are roos and 1 is a hen. First full grown roo we get, mean. Next 3 bantams; at least 1 and possibly 2 roos, and looks like one hen. Last of all, first chick hatched out, looks like roo.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom