Hybrids?

allmychickens

Just'a small town girl
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Washington
I've heard you can cross a pheasant with a chicken! what else can be crossed with chickens? Pictures??
What can you cross with Ducks?
Turkeys?
what other cool animal hybrids are their?

Last edited:
Ive heard of these crosses:
Pheasant-Chicken
Pheasant-Turkey
Pheasant-Peafowl
Peafowl-Turkey
Peafowl-Chicken
Peafowl-Guinea fowl
Guinea fowl-Chicken
Guinea fowl-Turkey
Domestic Duck(Mallard descendant)-Muscovy Duck. I have had some of those before.
Cat-Rabbit. Seen one before
Horse-Donkey. Seen one before
Donkey-Zebra
Dog-Coyote. Seen some before, Nasty buggers!

There are MANY hybrids out there, but those are the ones I can think of right now.

Quote:
How does that work? They aren't close enough relation to hybridize I thought?

Dog-wolf is another common hybrid. Nasty mix.

Quote:
How does that work? They aren't close enough relation to hybridize I thought?

Dog-wolf is another common hybrid. Nasty mix.

I disagree with you on wolf dog mixes being nasty. I have known a few and they were very nice animals. But they are not for everyone. Cat rabbit cross was a joke/scam years ago. It is impossible. They called them 'cabbits'. It is really just a cat with a genetic defect, causing the leg bones to look similar to a rabbits.

A wolf hybrid is still at heart a wolf, and were HUGE in one place we lived. I carried a .45 pistol with me at all times because more than once we were challenged by one who was unrestrained. I refuse to call them nice pets.

They may be decent for a wild animal. But they are not a pet to me, nor will they ever be. I've met a coyote hybrid who was far more civil than any of the wolf hybrids I met. Granted, he won that because he was shy and wouldn't try to challenge a person first, and I never tried to challenge him, so he was likely still a coyote if you challenged him.

Quote:
I agree they are not 'pets' in the sense that a dog or cat is. They are also not for most people. But not all are aggressive. But just because they are not a pet to you does not mean they can not be a pet to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom