Hydrogemeter question!!! Can you buy them at Walmart???

M@M@2four

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
USA
Hello all...is there some sort of hydrogemeter I could pick up at a local walmart. I have seen them there, but not sure if they're good or not and if any of you could recommend one or a specific brand to me?? I have three hovabators fired up and just curious on maintaining proper humidity. I always just hatch eggs and usually have good success. Just thought I might have even better success if I kept better humidity temps. Any advice would be great! Thanks SO much!!!
big_smile.png

Sure! You can virtually get them anywhere that thermometers are sold. They will be in the thermometer section.

I have bought two Accurite thermometer/hygrometer combinations from Wal-Mart for something like $8 and they were both off. My last hatch I bought a Springfield combo. from Home Depot for like $7 and it's been right on. It even came with batteries! If you have a Home Depot near by, I'd recommend going to get one of the Springfield's if you are just looking for a fairly inexpensive Hygrometer.

Haha.....every Wal-Mart puts them in a different section of the store. Ours is in the department where the outdoor themometers are located, sometimes they are in the Garden department. I can't help but laugh at all the different locations you have to look for them in.
big_smile.png

I think those are pretty close to accurate, but you can calibrate them by determining how far from accurate they are, I can't remember how it's done but it involves placing salt into a zip lock bag....hmmm, you better do a search on that, I can't remember.

That Accurite is the one I use also. Well worth what you pay.

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL--I know! some people are gullible!!! Hmmm....let's see...I can pay between $5-$7 for one at walmart OR $12.99 on e-bay plus $10 for shipping??? LOL!!!

Thanks all!!! I knew I could count onyou for help!
wink.png
You'd think this is my first time hatching chicks! lol I just usually add water to the incubator and a little at the end...and usually have good success but would like to have even better hatches!!!
smile.png
Thanks again, my dear chicken friends!!
smile.png
You guys ROCK!!!
big_smile.png

Invest in a good one !!! Radio Shack has real nice ones with inside and outside temps and humidity on it for 20 bucks. It is digital with big numbers easy to read and they work great. That is my suggestion !!

Back
Top Bottom