Hydrometers

Corbdee

Duckies!
Aug 1, 2020
Middle of somewhere
I’ve got a question that I’ve been wondering for a long time. I’ve used so many incubators throughout the years, along with so so many different hydrometers, and every single time I have a hydrometer in the incubator, no matter what hydrometer it is, and what incubator it is, it always goes to 89-99% humidity, when I have little to no water in the channels. For example, I probably had about an 8th of a cup of water in the incubator, and was just about to refill it. I put in about a little less than one cup of water into the incubator, and the hydrometer goes up to 99%. So I leave it for about 20 minutes to settle down, and it’s still at 99% humidity. What is with that?

I’ve got a question that I’ve been wondering for a long time. I’ve used so many incubators throughout the years, along with so so many different hydrometers, and every single time I have a hydrometer in the incubator, no matter what hydrometer it is, and what incubator it is, it always goes to 89-99% humidity, when I have little to no water in the channels. For example, I probably had about an 8th of a cup of water in the incubator, and was just about to refill it. I put in about a little less than one cup of water into the incubator, and the hydrometer goes up to 99%. So I leave it for about 20 minutes to settle down, and it’s still at 99% humidity. What is with that?
Did you salt test the hydrometer?
Thanks for the tag!

Back
Top Bottom