hyline brown rooster or pullets?? urgent~~

aileenleong

Hatching
Feb 24, 2020
1582610643183.png

Hi there, from what I can see I agree the circled ones appear to be pullets... if they are the same age as the others.

By 12 weeks old most should be starting to sport some saddle feather development...
1582649660921.png

But it's true hiline brown are sex linked with HENS being red and cockerels being white... raising question on the age of those in the pic..
https://rightpet.com/breed-species/livestock-poultry/chickens/hy-line-brown-chicken
ETA: according to information provided and looking at leg size on the circled ones... I think the red ones (all of them) are pullets. Look for pointy saddle feathers.

Did the seller get hatchery sourced chicks or are they from a backyard flock?

The sex linkage only works for the first generation of a red sex linked cross. If the seller bred a hyline to another hyline all you get is a mixed breed chick that cannot be sexed by down color.

Did the seller get hatchery sourced chicks or are they from a backyard flock?

The sex linkage only works for the first generation of a red sex linked cross. If the seller bred a hyline to another hyline all you get is a mixed breed chick that cannot be sexed by down color.
ok,, yes, they are back yard flock. good to know thanks for your reply!

Hi there, from what I can see I agree the circled ones appear to be pullets... if they are the same age as the others.

By 12 weeks old most should be starting to sport some saddle feather development...
View attachment 2035562
But it's true hiline brown are sex linked with HENS being red and cockerels being white... raising question on the age of those in the pic..
https://rightpet.com/breed-species/livestock-poultry/chickens/hy-line-brown-chicken
ETA: according to information provided and looking at leg size on the circled ones... I think the red ones (all of them) are pullets. Look for pointy saddle feathers.
yes, they all look like pullets to me first , but compare with the circle ones,, I am not sure. maybe they are from different rooster, not pure hyline brown.. . I didnt bid anyway. thanks you for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom