I’m confused on the age of my Chooks? Pls help!!

Hello everyone, so I just got 4 new pullets a few weeks ago and Im not sure of there age? The people who sold them to us weren’t sure of their age either, they said they were anywhere from 10 weeks to 20 weeks of age but they looked much younger. I have been waiting quite a while for some eggs but I’m not sure if they’re too young to lay nor what age they are currently. Btw they’re Plymouth rocks. Thx!
Didn't they come with a birth certificate?:th

To be honest. I find it strange if someone sells you 4 pullets and doesn’t know the age more precisely. A week more or less = okay. But 10 or 20 weeks is not possible except for a new-be in trading chickens. I think (if) you are lucky you didn’t get any cockerels.

It's so weird about their age but the person who sold them sexed them before and made sure they were all bullets but he was kinda shady.

You'll know when they're close to Laying. Their combs and wattles will swell and turn red. They will squat when you put your hand over them, if they're friendly enough to approach.
My Mid summer Barred Rock Chicks started to lay between 20 to 23 weeks. All were laying in this picture from January 2019. Notice the Red Combs and Wattles.
20190129_090830.jpg
.GC

Back
Top Bottom