I’m needing your expert opinions….

sbolerjack

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Southwest Alabama
I swore I would be patient and wait, but I am dying to know your thoughts. These ducks are four weeks old, and I was convinced early on that they were runners. I’m starting to question it now. They came as an assortment. What do you all think? The top picture is at two days.

1665177045100.png

They are Fawn and White Runners, but are hatchery quality. Where did you get them from? They look like the quality I've seen from Hoover's (Tractor Supply ducklings are usually Hoover's). Also based off of their heads and body thickness it looks like the one on the left is a male and the right hen. Runner males tend to have a noticably thicker head and neck compared to the females who are much more dainty in those areas.

They are Fawn and White Runners, but are hatchery quality. Where did you get them from? They look like the quality I've seen from Hoover's (Tractor Supply ducklings are usually Hoover's). Also based off of their heads and body thickness it looks like the one on the left is a male and the right hen. Runner males tend to have a noticably thicker head and neck compared to the females who are much more dainty in those areas.
They did come from Hoover’s. I know one is quacking. We will see. 🥰

Tje one on the foreground looks more Runner-ish, looking at the shape of its head, slope of the bill, and slenderness of the neck. But I agree with others: they are Runners.

Here's my Figgy at about the same age for comparison:
View attachment 3284638
Yeah, you can really tell that one is a runner by the stance. Much more upright bowling-pin.

Back
Top Bottom