I’m new here

Cheeki

Chirping
Jul 16, 2020
Guyton Georgia
We’ve had our flock a little over a year now. It started with a wild Canada gosling that my husband found running down the middle of the road. I sent him for feed and told him he needed to get a couple of baby chicks to keep her company. He brought home three light Brahma chicks.
They lived in my dining room in a dog crate until I was assured they were big enough to go out into the fenced back yard. We ended up adding ducks, a turkey and 15 more chickens before Lucy matured enough to go find a flock of her own kind. Since then, my chickens have doubled. I started out with two mallard ducks and now have 4. I added six pekins as well. I’m about to convert a shed into a coop and use the old one as a feeding area.

Ya hear that introduction (All Newbies)? Chicken Math, is real!! :old
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

We’ve had our flock a little over a year now. It started with a wild Canada gosling that my husband found running down the middle of the road. I sent him for feed and told him he needed to get a couple of baby chicks to keep her company. He brought home three light Brahma chicks.
They lived in my dining room in a dog crate until I was assured they were big enough to go out into the fenced back yard. We ended up adding ducks, a turkey and 15 more chickens before Lucy matured enough to go find a flock of her own kind. Since then, my chickens have doubled. I started out with two mallard ducks and now have 4. I added six pekins as well. I’m about to convert a shed into a coop and use the old one as a feeding area.
Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom