I’m scared.

W

How old is your duck? Is a vet an option? Pictures videos really help us help you. To put a video here you need to put it on you tube or Vimeo and then copy and paste here.
She is about a week old. That’s the hard part by her butt. I can’t figure out how to post a video.

Attachments

• 791A2B8E-DAE6-4AFD-9432-D68AE873D6B2.jpeg
    791A2B8E-DAE6-4AFD-9432-D68AE873D6B2.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 10
Does your ducklings have deep enough water to dunk their heads? Do you see anything clogged in the ducklings nares?

What have you been feeding the ducklings? If it is not crumble, do they have grit?

Have you tried putting the duckling in a warm bath? It can help things move along and clean out the anything in their nares and lungs. Water also encourages defication with ducks. You will need to make sure you dry the duckling after the bath, but all the ducklings will love splashing around.

Does your ducklings have deep enough water to dunk their heads? Do you see anything clogged in the ducklings nares?

What have you been feeding the ducklings? If it is not crumble, do they have grit?

Have you tried putting the duckling in a warm bath? It can help things move along and clean out the anything in their nares and lungs. Water also encourages defication with ducks. You will need to make sure you dry the duckling after the bath, but all the ducklings will love splashing around.
I give my ducks a bath every night and she always puts her head under, I couldn’t see anything in her nose, their food is crumbled, however she doesn’t seem to like being in water for very long.

Hello and welcome to Backyard Chickens!
So sorry about your little duck.

Looks like you've already been asked all the right questions so I won't be much help from here.
@Isaac 0 may be able to help you though.

Hello and welcome to Backyard Chickens!
So sorry about your little duck.

Looks like you've already been asked all the right questions so I won't be much help from here.
@Isaac 0 may be able to help you though.
I agree. I believe @Isaac 0 will be the most likely to know what is going on. However, if you are able to, an avian vet would be your best bet at this point.

Back
Top Bottom