I’m so proud and still nervous

Very similar. The display is different maybe but the rest looks the same.
I was told by someone not to put the eggs on the bottom because the motor is in the base and gets too hot.
I tried to remove the cradles when I was setting it up but they seemed to be connected with a wire that I couldn’t find how to disconnect.
The seller said the chicks hatch on the cradle.
It was a stressful first hatch experience.
I completely agree that my hatch was probably compromised by the moving cradles. I thought they were supposed to stop automatically at lockdown but they didn’t.
Its all good. Now you learn and fix mistakes. My greatest advice is watch lots of youtube review videos before you buy an offbrand incubator. I learned how to use mine on YouTube. Good luck with your new chicks and future hatches!

Its all good. Now you learn and fix mistakes. My greatest advice is watch lots of youtube review videos before you buy an offbrand incubator. I learned how to use mine on YouTube. Good luck with your new chicks and future hatches!
Thanks! I kept emailing the seller with questions. They would always respond but there was definitely a language barrier. My new one will be easier and customer support in US! I learned a lot this time and I’m looking forward to trying again in spring!

That wire should have a plastic section on the cable meant to come undone for removal. I also went with a cheapo. It brought 1/3 of my eggs to hatch, but over half had a really rough shipping. I was micro-managing the whole time as well.

That wire should have a plastic section on the cable meant to come undone for removal. I also went with a cheapo. It brought 1/3 of my eggs to hatch, but over half had a really rough shipping. I was micro-managing the whole time as well.
Once I convince myself to give it up and take the last eggs out, I’ll look more closely at it again. I’ll need to remove them to clean up.

I’m so happy for my first ever hatched egg. I had so much difficulty with my incubator. This sweetheart hatched overnight on day 19! 🥰🥰🥰 My best guess is mama was Australorp and daddy was black Cochin. Both standards. The coloring is pretty close.
im still nervous. I have 5 more hen eggs and 8 guinea eggs still in the incubator and it is day 23. I know the Guinea eggs won’t lockdown for 3 more days. The chicken eggs aren’t showing any signs yet. No peeping. No pipping. I’m hoping they are just slower. I’ve read to be patient and it could be as long day 25. My little baby needs flock mates!!!!!!
I too am hatching and have difficulty myself. It is nerve racking isn’t it? Good luck. This little guy is adorable. Congrats

Back
Top Bottom