I’m somewhat new here

Amorgan8688

Songster
Apr 18, 2018
Oklahoma
I got a baby duck for Easter 2018 :) His name is Duckie and he is a Rouen Drake

I have never had a duck before and he is truly amazing!!!! He was raised with 2 kitties that love to play with him and visa versa. I had NO clue how smart ducks are!!! He knows his most of the things my cats know. His name, no, come here, breakfast time etc lol.

We have a cat crate that we take duckie in when we go to friends houses, the lake and other places. He knows who certain people are and where is he....he just makes himself at home.

I had first discovered BYC when I startled googling stuff about having a duckling. The do’s and dont’s. Mostly about all the different kind of poop they have . BYC really helped when Duckie got botulism in June. It was so scary and I wasn’t sure if he was going to make it. BYC has so much info and answered all the questions I had no problem and Duckie pulled through. This site is amazing!!!

Welcome to BYC! I am happy to hear the website was useful to you and Ducky, and may have saved his life. We have some really excellent people on here who have much knowledge and skill with poultry medicine. Their time is valuable, yet they help people with sick birds out of the kindness of their hearts. It's just really nice to hear them being thanked, because they really deserve it, so thank you for that. I hope you enjoy the fun side of BYC, too!

duck-welcome-BYC 2.png

I'm so glad to hear Ducky recovered and you found the help you needed!
duck dance.gif

I love hearing stories like that. Ducks are so sweet and I hope to get a couple someday!

Back
Top Bottom