I adopted a puggle

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mamato3, Nov 3, 2009.

1. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    Ive been wanting one but anyone that has them want $200 or more for them. Which is a bit to much for me to pay. Anyway i was on petfinder this weekend an found one. I waited tell Monday got there before they opened me and the kids spent an hour playing and bonding with her before taking her home. She is 3 yrs old very good with kids and acts house trained. The people that had her turned her in because they could not care for her. And because she was already spayed she was $20. Unfountanly she has a bad cough which i think is kennal cough so we got her a doc visit at 2 to get her on meds if need be
    http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14959767

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Good for you for not only adopting, but adopting an adult dog!
    [​IMG] The puppies get snatched up so fast I am sure and that leaves the adults waiting. She will be so happy! I hope she feels better soon!

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    She is a cutie pie... CONGRATS! [​IMG]

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Thank you for adopting and not buying! I am involved in rescue and there are so many of the "puggles" out there that need homes that it is sad! I hope that she is very healthy and will have a long happy life with you all!

5. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    Well she has a temp and does have kennel cough. we have meds to make her all better
    This is my first adoption its hard to belive someone would pass her up for a pup o i love her temperament she is so sweet and loves giving kisses. Im not ready for a pup to much work. And once we find our new place next yr i might go look for a younger dog to adopt so that my kids wont drive her crazy. But no puppy for me maybe a 1 yr old. I

6. Pampered Chicken

Pampered Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    I have three puggles!! I love them. they are the best. However they are chicken killers if given the chance.[​IMG]

7. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:!/2 Pug, 1/2 Beagle... I don't think you'll have to worry about the kids driving her crazy. If she is anything like my full blooded Pug was, she will have enough energy to wear your kids out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by