I am a literally addicted chicken nOoB!! =)

Kisska

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 26, 2012
Hello everyone!! I have been reading a few posts on this website and love all the info I can get!
I am a brand new owner of 3 (1 year old chickens) that were given to us by my father in law. I have had 2 of them for about 3 weeks and got the 3rd a week after the first 2. They are all sisters but the first 2 acted like the 3rd one was invading their little haven. They are getting along a little better but still the 2 act stuck up and bossy. Our last one had no feathers on top of her back probably from pecking and I feel that she was picked on a lot? My 2 daughters (14 and 2) have named them all and at first I thought it was a little silly but when my 2 y.o. started calling them by names it seemed very sweet. We have a red hen who's name is Ariel (Little Mermaid), black and white hen's name is Snow White of course and our last one is Bell (although she looks like a Beast with some of the feathers gone and she seems a little more wild). I am not sure what breed they are and I am determined to find out everything there is to know about them and how to take care of them properly!
For now they live in a small coop, I clean it every day and they roam my backyard from morning till dusk. I love watching them and they run to us when we bring them our left over food!
I am so addicted and obsessed - I read and read and read about them and am inspired to build a bigger coop and raise my own little chicks next spring!
Thanks for being there online on Google when I needed some questions answered!!!

We live in the small city (Layton Utah) and now I want to move to a farm land!! haha =)

Thanks for reading!!

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and :welcome

You can post pics of your chickens if you want help identifying their breed. Red could be red star/RIR/New hampshire, the most common black and white breed you get in backyards is a barred rock.

Anyway, glad to have you on board!
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom