I am a new mother...of 12 chickens

Shelly Nelton

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2017
Hutto, Texas
Hello all!I found this site through a general google search about what I can feed chickens. I recently moved into the country and decided to get 4 chickens. Well...I came home with 12. How can you only get 4?? There are so many to choose from.

I have already read a lot of advise on raising these chickens so thanks for all your knowledge. I will admit I cooked for my chickens tonight. It is a sad situation here... I watch them way too much. They are so dang cute! I made them spaghetti noodles tonight..hysterical!! They are about 5 weeks old.

I got 2 of six different breeds. All females I hope!

Thanks for this site!

Hello all!I found this site through a general google search about what I can feed chickens. I recently moved into the country and decided to get 4 chickens. Well...I came home with 12. How can you only get 4?? There are so many to choose from.

I have already read a lot of advise on raising these chickens so thanks for all your knowledge. I will admit I cooked for my chickens tonight. It is a sad situation here... I watch them way too much. They are so dang cute! I made them spaghetti noodles tonight..hysterical!! They are about 5 weeks old.

I got 2 of six different breeds. All females I hope!

Thanks for this site!

How exciting!! I'm getting ready for my first incubation of Silkie, Sizzle, Frizzle, Cochin bantam chicks. I was going to get chicks, but thought seeing them born, if I do everything right, will be exciting.
Again congrats on your new additions.

How exciting!! I'm getting ready for my first incubation of Silkie, Sizzle, Frizzle, Cochin bantam chicks. I was going to get chicks, but thought seeing them born, if I do everything right, will be exciting.
Again congrats on your new additions.

I really want to see some born too! I was afraid to even try it. Do those breeds lay eggs or are they show chickens? I did not even know people show chickens!

Back
Top Bottom