I am a total newby to chickens

A raised coop can be walked into, just need steps and a landing, the 'under run' can be windbreaked for winter for a good place to dust bathe all year......and great deep shade in summer.

Gonna be brutally honest here.
Those roosts are awful, tells me they don't know much about chickens.
Top one couldn't be used, too close to wall.
Can't use the full length of corner roosts.
Roosts should never be put over pop door, or they'll be walking thru the night poops to go into nest to lay... soiling nests and eggs.

Metal roofs do need insulation to deter condensation, but they've covered the best places to ventilate - at the high and low eaves. The windows(well, half of them) might be good ventilation in summer, when it's not raining. ...and the window screens, not gonna hold up to predators.

I could go on, but want my lunch...sorry for my harshness, just want to be honest, bad coop designs tick me off, might be hangry.

I'd pass on this, do your research and design a much better coop for your money.
The roof is insulated, we plan on changing the roosts and the position of the pop door. The windows will open into the chicken yard which will be fenced. Will be putting venting at the top if we do decide to order one. Hope you ate a snickers.

Welcome Wagon.gif
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!
I hope to see you around the forum!

Back
Top Bottom