1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am blaming all of you hatchaholics for this!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hinkjc, Dec 2, 2007.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yup, Cyn..Purplechicken...Katy...Cara...you all know who you are. It's all your fault. I have 10 baby orps growing in my brooder downstairs and have now reloaded the bator. I don't know what I was thinking, but one more post about chicks pipping and popping out of eggs and I just can't take it. I gotta have some! [​IMG] Wish me luck. These are araucana eggs from my white and black pens.

Jody

2. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    lol ur not by urself i got some in to. jersey giants and leghorn crosses.hope i get a bigger bird that will lay more.lol

3. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    I've got fourteen serama eggs in the incubator and only three are developing [​IMG] And they were so expensive

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOL, poor Jody! You can just send the extras to me, hon. I'll incubate 'em for you and save you from that nasty little addiction! But, I really need to keep them afterward. [​IMG]

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    How can I put this nicely?

naaa naaa na naaaa naaa naaa naaa na naaa naaa [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Heck I am having some serious withdrawals of hatching but I have to pat myself on the back for holding out this long. I am going to write to SAnta for new incubator or replacement parts! I am expecting two shipment of White silkie mommas and hopefully they will become broody again soon.

What is the status on your Buff Orp hatching eggs?

7. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've got it bad too. I have got 19 blue cochin bantam, 10 blue andalusian, and 12 bantam ameraucana eggs right now, with a dozen blue orps from Bamachicken coming next week.
    What on earth am I going to do with all these chicks?

8. And here I sit, looking at 5 fertile Pekin duck eggs (from my finally mating pair) and trying to talk myself out of setting them.
    *I don't need more ducks (I didn't want the pair I have, they were a gift).
    *Ducklings are SO messy and it's a long time til spring.

I kind of feel like I HAVE to set them, they are her first fertile eggs.

Nevermind the spare room full of chicks in brooders and the bator full of eggs...

[​IMG]

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You all are so funny. This is exactly what I am talking about. I can't stay away from here. Can't stop looking for chickie pics. And can't stop eyeballing my eggs that are begging to be growing. So..here I go again. And the funny thing is..dh will be the first to say no more till spring. But not this time..he says, go ahead and set some. [​IMG] What an enabler! [​IMG]

Ewesheep - I just listed some buff orp egg for sale on BST forum. Out of my last hatch of 10 chicks in the brooder, 8 are pullets and 2 cockerels. Wahoo! Now why can't all the hatches be like that? [​IMG]

Jody

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sorry.....NOT!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by