I am doomed~

Sillystunt

Master of the Silly
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Winter Haven, FL
I had to put the silkie eggs in the home made bator. They are due Nov 10th. So they aren't that old. Have had them in for 2 days(had them in genisis before with turner)
Spiked to 107, then steady, then spike to 102, then steady,then gosh dang it my son unplugged the bator and it went down to 90 for like an hour...
hit.gif

OMG, why? WHY ME? WHY?

Are they doomed? should i just wait it out and put them back in genisis monday?
hit.gif

Spikes are worse than cooling. You can probably pull them out and set them on the counter for an hour and they'd just be a bit slow. The heat can kill though. As long as the heat spike to 107 wasn't for too long to raise the internal egg temp, some should be able to make it.

i am a mess with these and the other bator hatching ...............
barnie.gif

I am gonna cry
hit.gif
I don't even know what to do? I guess i will candle them tonight and see if i killed them all
hit.gif

Anything less than 20-30 minutes should be okay, over that and the temp. probably caused severe internal organ damage. The 90* should not be a factor at all. Colder has to be for an extended (read 1-2hrs) before it seems to impact the embryo.

Don't get too upset, I came home from work early in the hatch and my temp read 105* don't know for how long but I WAS SURE I had cooked mine. Shows you what I know (not). I just posted pics of my little ones so never think its completely hopeless!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom