I am flockless .............

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy4Chicks, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    The house me and DH are living in is a rental - which at first was not a problem we were able to have our ducks and chickens with no problem,

The landlord owns the 4 house that are on the same lot and when he moved them here he only put in one septic tank for the 4 house's ( which is a BIG NO-NO ) well a few months back that septic started having problems so the landlord once again wanting to do this the cheap way hired a handyman to fix it - well the handyman dug a big hole and just left it there - took the money he was paid and is no where to be found, months go by all summer and this hole fills up with nasty stinky water - well the health dept finds out about it and starts the ball rolling with taking the landlord to court - landlord never bothers to show up to his court date.

So now everyone who lives in these 4 house's is being forced to move by court order because of an illegal septic tank.

We have to relocate to a house in town which means no chickens no ducks and we have to downsize the dogs also.

I have already rehomed all 24 chickens and 9 ducks with a friend of ours who lives in the country and who's kids are into 4H plus they have my bator that has eggs due to hatch in about a week.

So far 2 of the 6 dogs have been already placed in a new homes - still need to downsize by one more dog.

I will be able to keep my button quail but now instead of them being able to have an outside run I am going to have to keep them in bird cages in the house for now.

This move is not going to be forever - I am looking for another place in the country where I can have my critters again - and I will rebuild my flocks all over again.

so we are flockless and it is very depressing and quiet around here - I miss my chickens and ducks very much -- but look forward to the day where I can rebuild them.

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    That just stinks! What a jerk!

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] I am soooo sorry!! I hope you find a place in the country FAST!

4. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    SO sorry this happened.... [​IMG] Praying you find something that will allow you to have chickens and ducks again! [​IMG]

5. roosmom

roosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    upper peninsula
    That is very sad. I hope the septic guys drain field clogs up. And maybe the landlord is one of the walk aways we hear about in the news. I hope you get a better place soon.

6. chickensandmore

chickensandmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Spiro Ok
    That is really to bad, I too know what it's like to have a landload like that, I fixed my problem by going to the county clerk and found out who owned the land right behind my house..I called that person and made a deal to buy it cheap with them holding the paper..it seems that they didn't really want the land but didn't want the trouble of selling it...then I came alone and wanted it...then everyone was happy...
    again I am sorry that this happened to you, sometimes when one doors closes another one opens...
    Keep watching the paper in these times people are willing to deal..
    Good Luck

Don [​IMG]

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I am looking forward I am already planning on what breeds I want next - time and planning on the things I will do diffrent to the coops - so I will be ready when the time comes.

I still have my button quail and love watching them and collecting eggs from my 2 adults that survived the cat attack a few weeks ago. The babies are feathering out great so I am hopeing I have at least one male in the younger group so I will be selling hatching eggs soon I hope.

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]
    Good luck finding your place where you can have your critters again, asap.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:That's the nature of backed up septic tanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by