I am flockless .............

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
The house me and DH are living in is a rental - which at first was not a problem we were able to have our ducks and chickens with no problem,

The landlord owns the 4 house that are on the same lot and when he moved them here he only put in one septic tank for the 4 house's ( which is a BIG NO-NO ) well a few months back that septic started having problems so the landlord once again wanting to do this the cheap way hired a handyman to fix it - well the handyman dug a big hole and just left it there - took the money he was paid and is no where to be found, months go by all summer and this hole fills up with nasty stinky water - well the health dept finds out about it and starts the ball rolling with taking the landlord to court - landlord never bothers to show up to his court date.

So now everyone who lives in these 4 house's is being forced to move by court order because of an illegal septic tank.

We have to relocate to a house in town which means no chickens no ducks and we have to downsize the dogs also.

I have already rehomed all 24 chickens and 9 ducks with a friend of ours who lives in the country and who's kids are into 4H plus they have my bator that has eggs due to hatch in about a week.

So far 2 of the 6 dogs have been already placed in a new homes - still need to downsize by one more dog.

I will be able to keep my button quail but now instead of them being able to have an outside run I am going to have to keep them in bird cages in the house for now.

This move is not going to be forever - I am looking for another place in the country where I can have my critters again - and I will rebuild my flocks all over again.

so we are flockless and it is very depressing and quiet around here - I miss my chickens and ducks very much -- but look forward to the day where I can rebuild them.

hugs.gif
I am soooo sorry!! I hope you find a place in the country FAST!

SO sorry this happened....
hugs.gif
Praying you find something that will allow you to have chickens and ducks again!
smile.png

That is very sad. I hope the septic guys drain field clogs up. And maybe the landlord is one of the walk aways we hear about in the news. I hope you get a better place soon.

That is really to bad, I too know what it's like to have a landload like that, I fixed my problem by going to the county clerk and found out who owned the land right behind my house..I called that person and made a deal to buy it cheap with them holding the paper..it seems that they didn't really want the land but didn't want the trouble of selling it...then I came alone and wanted it...then everyone was happy...
again I am sorry that this happened to you, sometimes when one doors closes another one opens...
Keep watching the paper in these times people are willing to deal..
Good Luck

Don
big_smile.png

I am looking forward I am already planning on what breeds I want next - time and planning on the things I will do diffrent to the coops - so I will be ready when the time comes.

I still have my button quail and love watching them and collecting eggs from my 2 adults that survived the cat attack a few weeks ago. The babies are feathering out great so I am hopeing I have at least one male in the younger group so I will be selling hatching eggs soon I hope.

Back
Top Bottom