I am getting a cavy

vitamin C is important! So is hay.
They LOVE kitchen scraps, so she will be competing with the poultry for that.
wink.png

Don't get a male.

www.guineapigcages.com

This site has a lot of good info on them! We have 2, Debbie and April. Debbie is a nipper, and April is just a spaz, but we love them just the same. Cavies are so cool!! Lots of fresh hay, like in a feeder for them. Only food made for guinea pigs, rabbit food doesn't have vitamin C. Cavies are unable to make vitamin C themselves and need to be supplemented with it. Lots of room to run and play, 7.5 sq. ft. is the minimum space requirement for a healthy and happy cavy. They also like fresh fruits and veggies, on the site I listed there are recommendations of what to feed and not to feed.

This site also has a lot of information on cavies
http://www.guinealynx.info/index.html

Enjoy! They are so sweet
love.gif

Thanks guys. she comes with a cage and I will let her run around in a safe pen for at least an hour a day while i clean her cage. and then i will play with her. She is a three year old never been bred show cavy. She will need a new name.

If her cage is big enough, you should only have to clean it about once a week. You should look into the C&C cages on the guineapigcages.com site, they are much better for the piggies, easy to make, and fairly inexpensive for the size. Congrats on the new girl!!

carolynb I don't think the name fits her.
shelleyd2008 I can't use the c&cs cuz the cat sleeps in the room with me and the cavy will to. I fell better knowing her cage is clean at all times in the afternoon. I am kinda weird.

I am picking her up tomorrow.
What do I need to look at when I go buy her feed she is out of her feed so I am going to ge some of her old food and maybe a new food if this one is'nt healthy.

Quote:
Oxbow is the feed that is highly recommended by most small animal vets, breeders and rescues here. We fed it to ours and we feed their rat food to our Rats, we usually order it or have one of the local feed stores order it for us.

Back
Top Bottom