I am getting a white peachick!! Edit: White peachick pictures!

Quote:
No you cannot and you can injure the birds rather seriously trying. The sex organs are located too far inside the body cavity.

good to know figured you couldn't because i never heard anyone talk about it but never knew why.

I will try to look for some personality too. I chose Alto instead of his brother because Alto was really tall, he was running around and jumping up on perches in his small pen and was pecking at a evergreen in the pen. He seemed really inquisitive and fun to watch so I wanted him so maybe I will be able to find a peachick that is somewhat like that.

I am always talking about this Alabama breeder we go to...When you go to his backyard there is always a big white peacock that is right near the gate. He displays there and is so beautiful even when he just sits there on top of the pens. If you free-range white peacocks with India blue peacocks isn't there a chance that they won't really get to mate since they have no color? I always notice those white peacocks barely have any hens around them when they display unlike the India blues there.

They will get to mate, after all, there are blue split white birds right! Someone must fancy the whites
wink.png

I am soo excited! I found out tomorrow is when we go to pick up the peachick! We don't know if this lady has a lot of peafowl and breeds them a lot or if it is just a small thing but I can't wait to go see her birds! I hope tomorrow comes soon. Hopefully Peep will accept the peachick.

Quote:
Yes thanks for reminding me...I need to make sure the camera has enough battery left so that I could take it with us and take pictures of anything neat I see there. I always forget to take the camera when I visit a peafowl breeder or I am so busy looking at all their birds that I forget to take pictures. I will have to make sure I have the camera sitting out were I won't forget it.
smile.png

Try to see what color the father and mother is......remember if out of pied like purple ,that info will come in handy ,when they get breeding age.

That is what I was thinking I need to find out too...That is something we need to ask when we get there definitely or have them show us the parents.

Back
Top Bottom