I Am Getting Peachicks!!

How beautiful they are and I'm sure you're going to love them no matter their color. They are such characters you can't help loving them.
love.gif

You will will love the cameos even tho that is not the color you wanted most!!! Keep working with the toes and balled up foot, you may be surprised at how much you can get straightened out. There are other threads on this site and "Orthopedics for Poultry" on Voyforums that may be helpful.
Minxfox thought they may be purple - some others on this site believe the purple and Cameo genetics are very close or related. You can search for those threads on here too.
Good luck with your new chicks!!

Quote:
Very good point , purple do lok alot like cameo as chicks, look like cameo to me, but with chicks , cameo ,purple, peach all are a shade of red light brown, then if you have white eye that frosted shade ,will fool some of us.

Start seeing the change as they age, cameo will not have the color feather in their neck, neither male or females, purples will even hens, now peach and cameo get harder to tell, but we that raise them can tell.

Even we will have a hard time with pics people post because of lighting, a cameo under a red brooder light will look like a purple chick.

Well anyway nice looking chicks, if they are purple , will have lots of color.

OOH, beautiful chicks. I just hatched one out on Wednesday, and has one foot balled up, too. I taped the toes to make it straighter, but it seems like the ankle joint is larger than the other foot, and he doesn't want to put weight on it. Anyone have any help for this? Will look in the other threads for help ,too.

Back
Top Bottom