I am going to MURDER

Quote:
He will then become someone elses headache! City slickers bring their unwanted mutts to the country and dump them off for the residents to deal with. IMHO, Don't make your problem someone elses.

You and your significant other need to go over and if you have a dog, bring that along, too, and talk the fox talk...you all need to urinated on that den filled w/dirt, not just stomp on it, silly! Then start urinating all around "your" territory, marking your territory as predators do. No kidding, just do it. And don't be surprised if you hear some "mad woman screaming" in the middle of the night at you in frustration...its only the fox, yes, it'll curdle the hair on the back of your neck and arms, but keep marking your territory w/urine and it'll get the message.

I had never thought that they did eat meat then I saw them get into the barrels maybe they were confused.

Quote:
They weren't confused. As somebody else already posted, they were going after the bones to get the minerals in them.

Most rodents will be happy to eat chicken feed -- or to chew on mineral-rich items like bones. That doesn't mean they're gonna eat your birds!

Quote:
Probably. I've always heard of them as strictly herbivores with the exception of them eating on bones to gnaw their teeth down.
smile.png

Dont be so quick to write them off as being the culprits. If they are missing something in their diet they wont hesitate in killing off a smaller animal. In some area of the world i cant remember where the deer actually kill baby ground dwelling birds and eat their heads for the calcium. That is all they take is the head. Their is always the exception to the rule.

I would use the pee technique first.
smile.png

My husband makes a habit of an evening walk around some trees that the deer were killing and they dont come near now.

If that doesnt work, I'd kill it. If the pee works for a while, then the babies might grow up enough that momma isn't needed.

They are so darn cute though.

Back
Top Bottom