1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am Going to Raise Up A Batch of The Light Brahmas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by crossbowhunter5, Mar 19, 2015.

1. crossbowhunter5

crossbowhunter5 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2014
    Saltville Va
    I have always like BIG Chickens but i haven't ever had no Light Brahmas what size egg do they lay i would really like to see a pic of there eggs if any of you happen to have any I am gonna put up a few pics of my chickens in the next few days

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. nissa_loves_cats

nissa_loves_cats Chillin' With My Peeps

I raised a batch of Light Brahmas from eBay hatching eggs a couple years ago and still have one. Mostly I have Buff Brahmas. Both colors seem to lay largish brown eggs. They are a very nice, friendly breed.

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

The Light Brahmas that I had laid a medium sized egg mostly, and out of 5 one laid to the large side.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Our four Light Brahmas lay medium (most days) to large (on a good day) eggs that are a creamy color. They are my most inefficient birds when it comes to what they take in and what I get in return.

5. Boydfarm1

Boydfarm1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2013
    Liberty Hill Texas
    [​IMG]
    I'm hatching Light Brahmas right now, here is some of my eggs.

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The first breed I ever had (about 50 years ago) were Light Brahmas, and they were gentle giants. They are good layers (3-4 eggs per week per hen), but their eggs, while decent sized, were never particularly large; certainly no jumbo eggs among them like I frequently get with my sex links.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by