I am going to scream!

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
So as you know things have been crazy here, from both my parents being hospitalizzed to my dog slicing off his lower lip and chin, now the hot water heater went out so I had to buy a new one, and now a tooth needs to be fixed, about 400 dollars there, oh, and some jack*** built a mudracing ring across the street

all day long I have had to listen to engines roar, scaring my live stock, disturbing my sick mother's rest, and making me very nervous with the constant noise.

it has been all day... and they told me they will be doing this every weekend

oh my god someone help me. I can't deal with this. This noise... it is horrible! I can't hear myself think!

I called the sheriff's department for a noise complaint and the dispatcher said there are no noise ordinances for our area... they can do this all day and he hinted it could be all night

what inconsiderate fools would be selfish mudrace so close to residences?!

what people other than kids would mudrace anyhow?! destroying top soil, damaging habitat, creating noise/fumes and wrecking havoc on the local ecosystems, eating up gas, wasting fuel and energy, putting themselves and others in danger. *wanders off waving her arms and ranting*

No noise ordiances? I bet there is a time restrictions, something like no noise after ten pm on weekdays and on weekends, at 11 or 12 at night.

If that don't work, when do they go to bed? Call on the loudest sirens and race it up and down on their driveway LOL!

How horrible for you! I'm so sorry. I'd definately spend some time looking at zoning and ordinances if I were you, hopefully you'll find something that can bring an end to that! I'll bet if you could talk to the other neighbors in the area they would feel the same way. Perhaps banding together and trying to put a stop to it?? Just a thought.

I agree about it wreaking havoc on the environment, scaring the wildlife and destroying their habitat. I don't like any of that kind of stuff, including snow mobiles, ATV's, off roading, mudding
hide.gif
... it's a horrible waste of resources and so destructive.

I truely hope there is a solution for you!

It's not kids who mudrace. It is those 30, 40, even 50 year old men that still wanna show off their manhood. My 40+ hubby did it for a while. It's just a macho-thing. Playing with their trucks in the mud.

I really don't have a problem with those "boys" and their noisy toys, as long as they respect my right to not be a participant or observer. It should be kept behind a solid wood fence, reducing the noise. I live out in the country. My closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. And good neighbors they are, letting their pets, livestock and tractors run, My kind of people. That was last year. Now we have two houses going up across the road. One of them comes with an ATV track. They best not be running up and down my road terrorizing my livestock and pets.

I know the feeling, We live near Clint Boyer and his friends have really loud go-karts or something and statium lights. But I have to say they do it on Wed. nights mostly and quit about 10 or so.

I live in a rural county that is pretty much a " do what you want with your property" county.

it has been fine, and a quiet little hunting/farming community, until now

Quote:
i find it terribly inconsiderate. there are far more useful ways they can prove their manhood.

volunteer,

join the military..
become a volunteer fireman
join the neighborhood watch
train wild horses
base jump

worse yet fools who do this risk their lives and property, and seem determined to keep themselves in the poor house by destroying expensive equipment

Quote:
Same here, well until Nascar move here, but as I say they are gone alot I guess and after getting the law called down there a couple years ago( They were throwing grill tanks in their bonfire) they have been more considerate. Plus they really have improved the property they bought and we no longer have to worry that some huge development is gonna be built there.

I feel sorry for you. Men must do something to prove their "manhood" and there is no better way than running in circles at high speeds in expensive vehicles. Idiots.

Back
Top Bottom