I am having problems with my chickens

virginia1234

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2017
At first I thought my chickens had mites. Well I have dusted them with sevens dust. Then, since they really didn't look better in a month I dunked the poor things in liquid sevens! (Held their feet and dunked them up to their neck) lol Now when I come into the coop at twilight, they get to movin!!! I think they are worried of what I'm gonna do next. I have started letting them out in the afternoons to free range and I think this is really helping.

I've never seen chickens with so little feathers! My poor beautiful Rooster, Bob now looks like peach fuzz all over him, so I think its new growth! Well, I hope so but they are getting over this pretty slowly.

My question. Is there any such thing you give or do for chickens for worms? Do chickens get worms, beside eat worms? Don't laugh! lol

Why did you think your chickens had mites? Is it because they are losing feathers? If so they may be molting which is a natural process. New feathers will eventually replace those that were shed.

I don't know if Sevin is approved for chickens, especially if you dipped them.

Why did you think your chickens had mites? Is it because they are losing feathers? If so they may be molting which is a natural process. New feathers will eventually replace those that were shed.

I don't know if Sevin is approved for chickens, especially if you dipped them.
An old farmers instructions. won't do again I think they are doing very much better though plus I let them out in the afternoons

Back
Top Bottom