I am in love with goats!

Oh yes, the fences! That standing on the fence maneuver is cute when you didn't build the fence. O.K., it's still cute, but with a 'grrr' at the end. Goats are super fun. My bumper sticker reads "I kiss my goats right on the lips"!

Quote:
I raise goats in Saskatchewan, Canada, where the winter temperatures are -40 C or lower for weeks on end and my barn`s not heated. All they need is shelter from the wind and snow and they`re fine. In fact, a heated barn is a bad idea, as they don`t aclimate to the cold as well and can actually get sick from the change in temperature when they do go outside.

You need to get 2 pygmy goats they are SOOOOOO! fun to have I would actually take a pygmy goat over a dog heres a few pics of mine
26863_img_1319.jpg

26863_img_1177.jpg

sorry I did not get a better one of my black goat

welcome to the club....lol. About a month ago I finally gave in and got a Nigerian Dwarf goat too. She's a runt and probably the smallest one I've ever seen. Been bottle fed since birth (mom died apparently during her birth) so she's VERY tame and sweet. (also spoiled rotten). We've fallen in love with her. She's very good about staying right with us when I let her out of her pen and we go for walks a couple times a day. She's great with the kids and very playful. So glad I got her.
Here she is:
P1000203s.jpg

Last edited:
I am falling in love with goats too.
love.gif
We agreed I could get some, if we kept them in the counties.
roll.png
I am planning to get The Nigerian Dwarf dairy goat. I saw my first ones at the county fair, and now I can't get enough! They are too cute to resist.
big_smile.png

I'm with MP. Go for the biguns! They're easier to handle in many ways and you get a lot more milk. I'm pretty certain my Nigies eat as much as my LaManchas, and all they give me is a hard time. Of course, they are cute little devils.

My grandma and grampa had raised a large dairy goat. She was the nicest, sweetest, and charming goat ever. She was very productive. Sadly, After my grandpa passed away, my grandma had to sell the goats because she didn't have the time or money. *Sigh* I'm still trying to track that goat down.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom