I am "Joe the Plumber" are U?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buc

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
kansas
Not that I am a real plumber, it is the spirit of "joe the plumber", someone that want nothing more then for the Gov't to stay out of my life and let me earn and keep what I earn.

I must point out that "Joe the Plumber" in theory represents the hardworking American middle class, it did come out that that particular Joe the Plumber hasn't paid his taxes in a while.
gig.gif

Nice goin Joe!! I am Josephine the Secretary. Here at work and at home.
lau.gif

Si, Joe the plumber is a hero.

I am Mike the waiter for his chicks

¿Can I be Mike the millionaire from chicken eggs from 20 sexlinks?

Last edited:
I'm Joe the equities analyst and my wife is Joann the new small business owner who put her life savings on the line to start a residential cleaning business. She is in the cross hairs of several changes proposed including tax rates, healthcare mandates and increases in the minimum wage which will drive up what she has to pay her employees (she pays a nice wage but if folks get paid $10+ an hour minimum wage to sit at a quickie mart cash register, what will she have to pay them to clean houses...$20?).

We're the family that will be considered "rich" even though most of our money is channeled back into the business to grow it and we have 4 teenage daughters to put through college as well. We figure with all the overhead and costs, the business will have to generate almost 200k in revenue just to spin her off a modest "salary".

I suspect that what may happen will be that we may be forced to fold the business or find a buyer and 13 people may lose their jobs.

That sucks, but it'll probably be wiser and safer for us financially.

Last edited:
Quote:
You have a tough row to hoe my friend. We are in the Commercial/Industrial janitor business and let me tell you its COMPETITIVE. It will make you old fast. Plus, I have to deal with competition who does not check their employee's ID's as well as I do, and guess what? My employees expect to get paid more (rightfully so) than their "undocumented worker's" counterparts do. I lean to the right (far right) but I have to say that both parties REALLY let us down on this one. Ok, I know I am in trouble now. Good luck to you and your wife on yalls investment and I truly hope you make a good go of it. Vote the right way too
16480.gif

Last edited:
I am JOE the Accountant and I work all week. Granted i don't make 250k a year, but i don't believe the GOVT should take from those who do and spread it around!! I believe in less government and personal accountability. I don't believe taxing people more when the economy is contracting is very smart. I do believe Obama is being untrue when he says small businesses won't be taxed. Well duh, most small businesses are pass through entities which flow directly to the indivduals themselves who he will tax more. He has said so!!

i am joe the secretay, and my husband is joe law enforcement. i want to keep what we earn. we don't bring home all that much, and we want to keep it dangit! there is no reason for me to give my "wealth" to people who are to freaking lazy to get off their bums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom