I am kinda pissed but immpresed

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
(this is why I am ticked) My neighbors dog got out of his electric fence and is very chicken aggresive and came running over and the girls were out with me freeranging he chased them all over and got one by the tail! :mad: Then his owner came running to get him while I was on the other side of a fence retreaving a run away chicken but I jumped it and went after him. He would have killed the bird but...... (this is what impressed me) My dog tackled him (he is a 150lb yellow lab she is a 40 pound basset hound) She bit his butt and he dropped the chicken and came and got it. The hens will only have free range when I am with them now and I will do some work outside for about 2 hrs in the afternoon now. Huck (crazy lab) will get curb stomped if he gets one of my chickens. they are fine in the suburban enviroment (he is the one who crosses the line into my yard to chase them) I am happy they are all safe and that my dog did a good job but worried that I will not be so lucky next time.

Thanks for listenign to this semivent story thing I told the owner it was not her fault for having a retarded dog. I will get mad if this happen again but I will be out there and the dog will get a freakin run for his $ and his life ! Huch will soon be getting a crash course in around chicken behavior ( aka if you touch the chicken I kill you)

PS I don't have a gun LOL just remembered mabe I will shoot him with my airsoph gun! PS I forgot I am also a Quaker mabe I could eat him then I will be justified in killing him for food.
Henry

Last edited:
EDITED BECAUSE I AM TIRED AND I AM SORRY FOR THE VIOLENCE I WOULD NEVER KILL HIM I LIKE HIM DON'T WORRY LOL. JUST A MEANINGLESS VENT/ STORY.

Henry

like as not what happened is that the battery in his collar (that zaps him if he gets too close to the "invisible fence") had died

those of us with these devices sure wish there were some reasonable way of telling when the battery was about to go bad, without running the battery down by doing so

Candy

(who has had her dogs "bust the electric fence" for that very reason ... )

Ya my dogs are on an Electric Fence I bet that is what happend thanks for the sigestion he had been leaving them alone for a while so IDK I guess he just relized it was broken I know they have the juice cranked all the way up because the dog is crazy my dogs just stop when they hear the beep and know the boundries and havent bin shocked in a while.

Thanks,
Henry

Hmmmm, you must be my twin... I have a neighbor with a crazy yellow lab that she is planning to contain with a shock collar (he's just old enough to start training).

I'm glad your chicken is OK. It's good to know in advance that those collars aren't 100% reliable.

Cheers,
Michelle

Thanks She might be sore but is acting fine I think that it is sad that Labs (which can be great dogs) are being Inbred and losing all of there indeering qualties they are also often misstrained or not at all trained.

Thanks,
Henry

Back
Top Bottom